Aid & Attendance Benefit
Wartime veterans, 65 years and older, and their surviving spouses, may be entitled to a tax-free benefit called Aid and Attendance provided by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
The Benefit is designed to provide financial aid to help offset the cost of long-term care for those who need assistance with the daily activities of living such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring.
American Veterans Aid, a private company, is dedicated to helping war era veterans and their surviving spouses receive this benefit which they so deserve.
What Does the Benefit Mean to You?
- With the benefit in hand, you are able to afford the care you need.
- It's completely tax free.
- Like Social Security, this pension is dependable and is paid directly to you by the Department of the Treasury.
- This benefit can be used for in-home care, board and care, an assisted living community, and private-pay nursing home.
|Surviving Spouse||$1,209 Monthly / $14,507 Annually|
|Single Veteran||$1,881 Monthly / $22,577 Annually|
|Married Veteran||$2,230 Monthly / $26,766 Annually|
|Two Vets Married||$2,984 Monthly / $35,813 Annually|
American Veterans Aid Services for a Reasonable Fee:
- A comprehensive Activities of Daily Living Consultation and Assessment Interview and Pre-Filing Consultation to determine the care you need and to ensure you meet all VA requirements.
- Letter of Determination provided by our VA Accredited Claims Agent.
- An Instructions Pack which is a written guide providing educational information regarding Aid and Attendance eligibility requirements as well as detailed instructions on records and supporting documents that the VA requires to be submitted with your claim.
- A referral service to guide you to a local Home Health Care Company or a Placement Agency such as Comfort Keepers, Infinite Care, and Visiting Angels, etc., or assisted living communities to set up care for the vet or spouse.
Services at No Charge:
- VA Application Forms prepared and submitted to the VA by our VA Accredited Claims Agent.
- Assistance with VA inquiries.
- Assistance with Fiduciary process.
"Dealing with the folks at American Veterans Aid was a really great experience, and to be quite honest, a Godsend! They actually did everything that they said they would do. My mom was awarded her aid within 3 months, from my first call to AVA until it was deposited in her account! My aunt's family decided to "do the work themselves". We actually started at the same time, and just last week they informed my aunt's family that it would be 12 to 18 months before they even knew whether she'd be eligible! I'm telling you, my poor aunt has multiple myeloma, is totally unable to care for herself, and her family has no relief! I hope anyone who reads this will let the experts help you! It was one of the best decisions I've ever made!" - Renee S.
"Americans Veterans Aid really came through for me and my father! The folks over at AVA were extremely helpful and professional... They made a potentially confusing and frustrating process simple and easy. After completing and sending all of the documents to the VA, about a month later we received a letter in the mail notifying us that my dad qualified for the benefit and would receive it the following month!! If it wasn't for AVA it would have been nearly impossible to get through the red tape and paper mountain that the VA puts in front of you. Thanks guys, you are a lifesaver!!!"
- Stephen B.